According to ISO/IES 11801 designation: U/UTP 4х2хAWG24/1 PVC Сat. 5e (6)
UTP cable application
- UTP cable is designed for laying inside of buildings, stations, constructions, in equipment, and used in structured cabling systems with frequency up to 155 MHz (250MHz for Category 6, 500MHz for Category 6a). Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) is a data carrier, usually used in medium with low grade of electromagnetic noises. 4-core UTP cables of Category 5е or 6 are recommended for using in horizontal sectors of cabling systems (connection of customers’ sockets with intermediate distributing points or additional distributing points). Data channel on a base of UTP elements is a universal data carrier and capable to transfer all data types: voice data, Token Ring and 10Base -T Ethernet, 100 and 1000 Base-T Ethernet, ATM and others. UTP cables provide a possibility of magnification of structured cabling system without additional laying the cable and significantly increase the quality of connection. The most ‘moveable’ part of any SCS is workgroup subsystem. Addition of new users, work places moving and their cancellation, cable fault happen more often under workgroup, than changes in Trunk channels. Thus UTP cables are most useful for organization of workgroup subsystems. Cable external jacket can be made of UV-resistance PE for outdoor installation (UTP 4х2хAWG24/1 PE Сat. 5e).
Technical characteristics of UPT cable
- UTP symmetric cables for digital communication systems in accordance with АNSI/TIA/EIA 568-В.2 and ISO/IEC 11801;
- ultimate operating temperature UTP cable in fixed (immovable) condition is from - 20°С to +60°С and degree of air humidity up to 98% at temperature of +35°С;
- electric specifications UTP cable are indicated in the Table 3;
- UTP cable is delivered in 305m coils per box (1000f);
- minimal laying radius – ca. 6 cable Ø;
- minimal service life UTP cable – ca. 10 years.
UTP Cable structure
1 – rip cord; 2 –conductor; 3 – insulation; 4 – jacket - self-extinguishing PVC compound.
- copper conductors of UTP cable equal to AWG24 diameter;
- PE insulation conductor external Ø ca. 0,9 mm;
- eccentricity of insulated cable cord, ca. - 2%;
- insulated core elongation at break - 22±6 %;
- UTP cable marking:
- insulated cable cords twisted in pairs, the pairs are twisted in cable core around synthetic rip-cord (around cross - for Category 6, Category 6a);
- cable cord is insulated by self-extinguishing PVC compound;
- cable external diameter, ca.: Cat. 5e – 5,4 mm, Cat. 6, Cat. 6a - 6,0 mm;
- cable weight, ca. - 33,0 kg/km;
- UTP cable jacket color - RAL 7035 (light-grey) can be any by customer's request.